Monday 20 February 2012

Why wouldn't you swallow a stone....

Today, first day of half term, the princess, don't forget she's 6, swallowed a stone. I thought things like that were way in the past. Like putting things up your nose is a toddler thing. (read) Clearly I was wrong! She has had this clear blue shiny, smooth stone the size of a pound coin in her room for a while. A bit like this...

She's used it for lots of different things when she played. Today she swallowed it.... To be honest I'm glad it smoothly went all the way down instead of getting stuck. I didn't need to tell her off as the fear in her eyes seemed punishment enough. Instead we had a safety talk about why things do not go in your mouth, except food! I also told her that this story would have to be told over and over again in the future.. That - she didn't like so I'm pretty sure she won't swallow a stone again! I rang the doctor to check if we just wait for it to come out the other end... we do! So the next 24 hours or so, another job has to be done.... I'll leave that to your imaginations!
I have to ask, is it just my children who have to try these things? Would love to hear from you guys, if your children have been up to similar things? Or worse...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...